Office based in London EC1
Salary £26,500 pa
An opportunity to join the small, dedicated team at this long established and well regarded charity that helps children and young people affected by the hidden disability of speech, language and communication needs and supports their families.
Afasic is a UK wide parent led organisation and our mission is to:
- Empower parents and carers to advocate for their child.
- Support and develop the communication, social and life skills of children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.
- Enable children and young people with speech, language and communication needs to participate in society and reach their potential.
Afasic has a central office in London EC1 and satellite offices in Scotland and Wales, currently with 22 staff and approx. 250 volunteers.
We are looking for a proactive and creative individual to lead, develop and deliver a successful programme of fundraising events; building on the existing base. The position is full time (35 hours per week) on an initial 12-month contract; and reports to the Director for Fundraising. At least 3 days a week to be in the London office, with flexibility to work from home on other days.
The main duties are:
- To organise and run existing schedule of fundraising events (including London Marathon, bike ride, carol service)
- To develop and deliver new events and to seek sponsorship for them
- To promote and publicise events to increase participation and promote the organisation more widely to raise awareness, including use of social media
- To encourage and support people in organising their own events to increase income from this source
Key Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of organising, managing and delivering successful fundraising events
- Demonstrable experience of marketing events, recruiting participants, securing sponsorship
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; and strong organisational skills
- Experience of delivering web content, use of social media
- Excellent team worker, self-reliant, good IT skills (including MS word, excel, outlook).
Application closing date: Tuesday 29 April at 4.00pm
Interviews to be held in London, week commencing 5 May.
For further details contact Mark Thompson on 020 7490 9410, or send Mark an email.
Job Description - Events Fundraiser (110.4 KiB, 88 hits)
Application Form - Events Fundraiser (86.5 KiB, 76 hits)