Afasic helpline – a lifeline for parents
Are you worried that your child:
- Doesn’t seem to be talking
- Isn’t getting enough help
- Just seems to be falling further and further behind
Do you feel:
- Nobody is taking your concerns seriously
- You can’t get satisfactory answers to your questions
- There doesn’t seem to be any way forward
Then contact the Afasic Helpline straight away.
What can we help with?
Contacting the Helpline
By phone/book a call back: You can ring us directly during helpline opening hours: 10.30 – 2.30, Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The number to call is 08453 55 55 77 or you may find it cheaper to use the geographic numbers: 0207 490 9420/9421.
By email: You can also use our online enquiry form to book a call back at a time to suit you or to ask questions.
By post or fax: Please use the main Afasic address or fax number on our Contact page
We are the experts on getting the right help for children and young people with SLCN and all related queries. In particular, we can give information about:
- Speech, language and communication difficulties – the various types, how to identify them and how they affect children and young people
- How to get a diagnosis and why you might need one
- Speech and language therapy
- How schools can and should help
- Choosing the right school for your child
- The statutory assessment process, statements and your legal rights to help for your child
- Disability related Benefits
- Any other relevant issue
We also offer a ‘listening ear’ if you just want to talk to someone who understands.
No query is too small or too silly. If you are worried or even just want to check there’s nothing else you need to know or do, please get in touch.
Remember, make the Afasic helpline your first not your last resort.