‘Every Voice Counts’
‘Every Voice Counts’, Monday 1 July – Sunday 7 July
To celebrate Afasic’s 45th Anniversary in July please support us by organising a fundraising event with a Talking theme! Get involved with your family, friends, colleagues or class mates – there’s something for everyone! If 250 supporters raise just £200 each then we will raise an incredible £50,000!! This amount of money could fund the Parent Support Service for a full year or cover 10 new ‘Secondary Starter’ Transition Courses throughout the UK.
There are lots of fun ideas including…
- ‘Talk like a Pirate day’ and dress like one too! Hunt for treasure, plunder some loot and say ‘Ahoy me hearties’ to raise funds for Afasic. Just remember to send us your photos!!
- Talkathons are a chance for chatterboxes to hit a talking and fundraising target! For one minute (or more!) talk about your favourite pop group, have a personal ‘rant’, a partnered debate or act out a scene from your favourite film
- Tongue Twisters aren’t as easy as they look, try saying “She sells sea shells by the sea shore”! Ask everyone to donate £1 to enter a Tongue Twister competition; there are lots of examples here.
- No Talking! events could raise lots of sponsorship if you can keep quiet for an hour, an afternoon or even a day!
- Walk ‘n’ Talk could be anything from a sponsored walk around your local park to a once in a lifetime challenge like The Pennine Way
- Teatime Talking is lots of fun; just invite your friends, family and colleagues to get together for a cake sale, coffee morning or afternoon tea and you can help raise funds for Afasic
To get started download our ‘Every Voice Counts’ Fundraising Pack and register your event by completing the Registration Form below. If you have any questions we’re very happy to help so please contact Nichola Page on 020 7490 9410 or email Nichola.
Remember to send us some photos and please pay in your sponsorship or donation as quickly as possible. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Afasic’ and sent to Afasic, 1st Floor, 20 Bowling Green Lane, London, EC1R 0BD or you can pay by debit/credit card by calling us on 020 7490 9410. Please don’t send cash in the post!
'Every Voice Counts' Registration Form