‘Every Voice Counts’
Awareness of Speech, Language and Communication Impairments, (SLCI), is low but, across the UK, there are over one million children and young people affected by this hidden disability.
Help us raise awareness and funds by organising events with a talking theme. Get involved with your family, friends, colleagues or class mates – there’s something for everyone!
There are lots of fun ideas including…
- ‘Talk like a Pirate day’ and dress like one too! Hunt for treasure, plunder some loot and say ‘Ahoy me hearties’ to raise funds for Afasic. Just remember to send us your photos!!
- Talk Tuesday’s are your chance to put the spotlight on communication. Get talking about Afasic and tell as many people as you can about who we are and what we do
- Talkathons are a chance for chatterboxes to hit a talking and fundraising target! For one minute (or more!) talk about your favourite pop group, have a personal ‘rant’, a partnered debate or act out a scene from your favourite film
- Tongue Twisters aren’t as easy as they look, try saying “She sells sea shells by the sea shore”! Ask everyone to donate £1 to enter a Tongue Twister competition; there are lots of examples here.
- No Talking! events could raise lots of sponsorship if you can keep quiet for an hour, an afternoon or even a day!
- Walk ‘n’ Talk could be anything from a sponsored walk around your local park to a once in a lifetime challenge like The Pennine Way
- Teatime Talking is lots of fun; just invite your friends, family and colleagues to get together for a cake sale, coffee morning or afternoon tea and you can help raise funds for Afasic
To get started download our ‘Every Voice Counts’ fundraising pack. If you have any questions we’re very happy to help so please contact Nichola Page on 020 7490 9410 or email Nichola.