‘Every Voice Counts’
Good communication skills are absolutely essential for life in the 21st Century, for those who struggle with communication life can become very difficult and frustrating.
We’ve come up with our ‘Every Voice Counts’ appeal to show how easy it is to take our ability to communicate for granted and to give you lots of ideas for fundraising events with a talking theme.
Get involved with your family, friends, colleagues or class mates – there’s something for everyone!
- ‘Talk like a Pirate day’, and dress like one too!
- Talk Tuesday’s are your chance to put the spotlight on communication. Get talking about Afasic and tell as many people as you can about who we are and what we do.
- Talkathons are a chance for chatterboxes to hit a talking and fundraising target! For one minute (or more!) talk about your favourite subject.
- Tongue Twisters aren’t as easy as they look, try saying “She sells sea shells by the sea shore”! Ask everyone to donate £1 to enter a Tongue Twister competition; there are lots of examples here.
- No Talking! Run a sponsored silence for an hour, an afternoon or even a day!
- Teatime Talking is lots of fun; just invite your friends, family and colleagues to get together for a cake sale, coffee morning or afternoon tea and you can help raise funds for Afasic
To get you started we’ve put together the ‘Every Voice Counts’ fundraising pack. If you have any questions or want to chat about how to get your school or company involved then email Mark.