Social Media is helping people stay connected and network like never before. It’s also dramatically changed the way we fundraise and raise awareness of the causes that mean the most to us.
Fundraising with Facebook and Twitter is quick and easy so just follow these tips and ideas to reach as many people and raise as much money as possible.
- Update your status with a link to your online fundraising page and remember to tell everyone why you’re fundraising for Afasic.
- Ask friends to share or ‘like’ your status so that you can reach even more people
- Download the Justgiving and Virgin Money Giving Facebook Apps to make sponsoring you even easier!
- Ask sponsors to spread the word about your fundraising by adding a message to their own Facebook pages and encouraging their friends to donate.
- Post updates with news about the event or your training (with photos) and ask everyone to ‘like’ them.
- Share a link to your online fundraising page and tell everyone what you’re doing and why. In the shortest sentence possible!
- Ask your followers to retweet (‘please RT’) your link so that it reaches their followers too.
- Remember to tag us by including @afasic in your message. That way we’ll know what you’re up to too!
- Remember to send a thank you tweet to all of your sponsors.
- Keep everyone up to date on your progress and fundraising target with bite sized news updates. But be creative with your 140 characters!