The House of Commons Education Select Committee has recently announced an Inquiry into the new SEND system introduced in 2014.
They are particularly looking for evidence on the following:
- Assessment of and support for children and young people with SEND
- The transition from Statements of SEN and LDAs to EHC Plans
- The level and distribution of funding for SEND provision
- The roles of and cooperation between the education, health and social care sectors
- Provision for 19 – 25 year olds, including support for independent living, transition to adult services and access to education, apprenticeships and work
If you have any relevant experiences or comments, please send them through to Afasic before the end of May. We will be sending our submission through before the closing date on June 14th and will try to include any relevant evidence we receive.