To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Afasic, we are offering up to £250 of funding to help with the costs of a children’s party for those affected by speech, language and communication needs (SLCN), their siblings and families.
This funding is limited to 10 events across the country and we are very grateful to the Walker family for agreeing to cover these costs from the fund set up in memory of Bryony Walker, our much missed Vice Chair and long standing trustee.
This funding is open for applications now from Afasic parent members; Afasic local groups; specialist speech and language schools / language units/ resource bases; speech and language services who are Afasic members. There is a limit of one party per locality.
To apply, simply send an email to us (or a letter to our postal address) outlining the following:
– The approximate number of children / young people with SLCN that are expected to benefit & overall total numbers to benefit.
– The type of event / activities that you are planning to organise.
– The approximate total costs the activities planned.
– An outline of how the event will promote Afasic and the work we do / services that we offer.
– Potential fundraising ideas for Afasic that might be included.
The closing date for applications is 17th August, with parties to take place between September 2018 and March 2019.
Responses to all applicants will sent out by 10th September.
Afasic can provide resources for the event and these could include stickers, balloons, leaflets, posters, membership forms, and collecting tins.
We would like to receive a brief report from successful applicants on how the event went and maybe some quotes from children / parents, along with a few good quality photographs that have permission for them to be shared on the Afasic website, social media and email updates if possible.
We look forward to receiving your application.