With the help and generosity of our members, friends and supporters who make a donation and fundraise for Afasic we’re improving the life chances of children and young people living with the hidden disability of speech, language and communication needs (SLCN).
Examples of how your support can make a difference include:
- £5 a month for a year will keep our helpline open for 2 hours
- £20 pays for a free family information pack
- £125 pays for a young person to attend an activity day or self-advocacy course
- £500 pays for 4 children to attend an activity day
- £4,300 will fund one week long transition summer school course, supporting children about to move from primary to secondary school
- £10,000 will keep our parent helpline open for 6 months
Make a difference
Whether you donate £10 or raise £10,000 you can help us provide much needed support to even more families across the UK.
How your money is spent
For every £1 we receive
- 76p goes directly to our work with children, young people and their families, living with SLCN
- 17p goes towards the governance, administration and running costs of the organisation
- 7p is invested to generate further income