In our 50th year we are asking our members, friends and supporters to do something special to help ensure that Afasic can continue making a difference to the lives of children and families affected by speech and language difficulties for another 50 years.
Potential ideas include:
- – Run, walk or cycle 50 miles or 50KM.
- – Get 50 people to give you a pound each for Afasic (and then match it).
- – Do 50 press up’s (proper ones!), or 50 ‘keepie uppies’ or something similar.
- – Make 50 cakes and have a cake sale for Afasic, or a cake and coffee morning.
- – Stay silent for 50 minutes, or 50 hours!
- – Or anything else that you can come up with along the ‘50’ theme to help raise awareness of speech and language difficulties and some much needed funds for Afasic.
We will support you as much as we can and can provide you with stickers, sponsor forms, collecting tins, posters and literature, balloons etc.
Given the increasingly difficult funding climate for charities generally, and especially for smaller charities, like Afasic, dealing with little known conditions, we really do need your help to ensure the continuity of the information, help and advice that families need into the future.
Just contact Mark Thompson to let him know what you are planning.